1958 – 1965
- Impressed with the Japanese work ethic and discipline Mr. Kumar Chand establishes Grupokaybee in Japan in 1958.
- Business in the early 1960s included export from Japan, primarily to markets in the Middle-East.
1965 – 1975
- Trade liberalization encouraged Grupokaybee to extend their operations in various Central and South American countries
- Grupokaybee expands its business and taps into the potential that electronics from Japan provided in the 1970s
1975 – 1985
- To complement the fast growth and increasing demand for Asian goods, Grupokaybee establishes itself in various Asian countries including Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore.
1985 – 1995
- Grupokaybee expands its sourcing operations in China, Indonesia, India and Thailand
- Operations in West and South Africa start
- Presence in Singapore established
1995 – 2005
- Grupokaybee moves headquarters to Singapore
- Diversification into Yarn and Fiber
- Grupokaybee introduces own brand of fabric to Latin American markets
- In-house product development team is established
2005 – 2010
- Enlarged product range to include Steel and Tyre business.
- Activated setup in Bangladesh with focus on Apparel products.
- Group recorded turnover of USD 250m.
2011 - 2015
- Activated Offices in Peru and Vietnam, which enabled inroads to new market segment of large Retail and Corporate entities.
- Group recorded turnover of USD 300m.
2016 - 2019
- Significant achievements in Africa for Fabrics, Home and Yarn Products.
- Strategic Long-term partnerships with Factories.
- Online / Digital presence.
- Process Automation to improve Supply Chain transactions.
- Strategic Initiative for Digital Transformation.
- Better insights for Customers.